Self Esteem and Confidence Building
We all know that self-esteem /self-worth or self-respect, can be an important part of success. Too little self-esteem can leave people feeling defeated or depressed. It can also lead people to make bad choices, fall into destructive relationships, or fail to live up to their full potential.
Signs of Healthy Self-Esteem
You probably have a good sense of who you are if you exhibit the following signs:
- Ability to say no
- Positive outlook
- Ability to see overall strengths and weaknesses and accept them
- Ability to express your needs
Signs of Low Self-Esteem
You may need to work on how you perceive yourself if you exhibit any of these signs of poor self-esteem:
- Negative outlook
- Lack of confidence
- Focus on your weaknesses
- Feelings of shame, depression, or anxiety
- Belief that others are better than you
- Trouble accepting positive feedback
- Fear of failure
Inspireignite sessions will enable learners to identify how the development of a positive mind-set is beneficial throughout their learning and continued life journey, having a positive effect on their health and well-being and motivation to change their current situation.
Top 5 tips on Mindset
- Make time to reflect and digest what has happened and you have achieved throughout the day.
- Watch the language you use about yourself for example instead of I could use I have.
- Helicopter Effect; You can control your attitude to whatever happens around you. Rise above what’s happened and look at how it affects you.
- Make sure your vision of the future is clear, doesn’t have to be complicated but clear.
- Take Time out – have fun meet friends and laugh