This programme is for learners aged between 7-10 years old. It can be used across other age groups.
Each session within the Me, Myself and I Emotional Vocabulary Programme has Learning Objectives. These have been designed to ensure the sessions focus on the core objective for this programme that is ‘to develop the learner’s emotional vocabulary, to enable them to think and verbalise their feelings’. This session guidehas been developed to walk you through each session step by step. You can use this guide as a reference until you become more familiar with the content of the ‘Me, Myself and I’Emotional Vocabulary Programme framework.
We suggest running these sessions one a week if possible without gaps, other than for school vacations/holidays. The sessions are for 1 hour.
For each session there is a reading book from the Positive Parrot and Negative Newt series.
The Me, Myself and I Emotional Vocabularyprogramme Learning Outcomes (LO);
- Understand emotional vocabulary.
- Development of confidence in the Focus10Mindfulness Technique.
- Understand how to respect and develop our thoughts.
- Understand emotions and respect others.
- Understand how emotional intelligence helps us.
- What value is there in kindness?
- How to control emotions in a positive way.
- Understand how feelings affect the way we react.
- When we need to have courage and when we need to speak out.
- Use intuitive intelligence to identify qualities that are brave and confident in the right way.
- How to let go of emotions in a positive way.
- Understand we are all unique.
- Use intuitive intelligence to identify qualities in us.
- Understanding what an ending is and how to move forward.