Ofsted – the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. An inspection and regulation service of facilities that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
Inspectors will make judgements in the following areas for all remits:
- Effectiveness of leadership and management
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Outcomes for children and learners.
Inspectors will also always make a judgement on the effectiveness of safeguarding.
InspireIgnite works on key areas to support your education facility.
We provide services to support your education facility that covers the 4 areas and your safeguarding responsibility, focusing on standards 2-4.
In relation to students personal development, behaviour and welfare we support the school’s development of an Outstanding (1) Ofsted outcome by (for example) developing Students:
- Confidence and Self-Assurance.
- Feelings of Pride in their achievements and of their school.
- Ability to discuss and debate issues in a considered way, showing respect for others’ ideas and points of view.
- Understanding of how their education equips them with the Behaviours and Attitudes necessary for success in their current and next stage of education, and future training or employment and for their adult life.
- Conduct to reflect your school’s high standards of behaviour.
- Self-Disciplined & the value the students put on their education so they rarely miss a day at school.
We have a clear understanding of all the Ofsted criteria required and there is no area we cannot support your facility with, relating to health and well-being.
We provide this through our Training, Workshops and Summer School Workshops, covering:-
- Mental wellness & awareness
- Drug and alcohol education
- Managing stress & anxiety
We build training packages for teachers, parents/carers, other professionals and those employed in the educational facility (lunch staff, administrators, TA’s etc) as well as the students/clients. Our key ethos is for all to ‘read from the same page’.
A more in-depth example of the development support we provide:
InspireIgnite and your school – Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development
InspireIgnite is able to support students, and those involved with the student’s life (teachers, parents/carers and support staff) with their ability to:
- reflect on their own beliefs, that inform their perspective on life and their interest in and respect for different people’s, feelings and values
- the sense of enjoyment and fascination in learning about themselves, others and the world around them
- use of imagination and creativity in their learning
- willingness to reflect on their experiences.
The moral development of Students:
- ability to recognise the difference between right and wrong and to readily apply this understanding in their own lives, recognise legal boundaries and, in so doing, respect the civil and criminal law of England
- understanding of the consequences of their behaviour and actions
- interest in investigating and offering reasoned views about moral and ethical issues and ability to understand and appreciate the viewpoints of others on these issues.
The social development of Students:
- use of a range of social skills in different contexts, for example, working and socialising with other pupils, including those from different religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- willingness to participate in a variety of communities and social settings, including by volunteering, cooperating well with others and being able to resolve conflicts effectively
The cultural development of Students:
- interest in exploring, improving understanding of and showing respect for different faiths and cultural diversity and the extent to which they understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity, as shown by their tolerance and attitudes towards different religious, ethnic and socio-economic groups in the local, national and global communities.