Anger is a normal, healthy emotion; however, it can be a problem if you find it difficult to keep it under control. Anger management is an approach aimed at helping a person (young or older) who struggles with anger by identifying triggers and develop coping mechanisms, and think patterns that alter the anger behaviour.
Within sessions you will look at what triggers the feelings of anger, what thought process leads you to the point of becoming angry. The first step is to avoid using phrases that trigger the feeling of anger, such as:
- always (for example, “You always say that.”)
- never (“You never listen to me.”)
- should or shouldn’t (“You should do what I want,” or “You shouldn’t be a manager.”)
- must or mustn’t (“I must be better,” or “I mustn’t be bad.”)
- not fair (“life’s not fair”)
We are here to help. Contact Us